Sunday, April 5, 2009

Boston Course Preview

Another week of training in the books. Even though I began my taper this week I still managed to get 70 miles in. I had a couple of good workouts too. Yesterday tempo run was very encouraging to me and today was a great long run.

Jerry Ross and I ran around Lake Hood and then ran the totem run out by the airport for a solid 18+ miles. We ran at a pretty good clip too. We progressively got faster during the run and we probably averaged about 6:30-6:40ish pace. We doubled back on the totem run to be able to work the hills some more. We picked it up on the uphills and downhills and ran a little Marathon pace too. I believe it was the perfect amount of effort 2 weeks out from Boston. Plus, it was really nice outside. The sun was shining and the roads were dry. It's nice to actually be able to see the roads for a change.

As they say, "All the hay is in the barn. The work is done. Just need to get to the starting line ready to roll."

Here is my mileage for the week 3/30-4/5

3/30- 6 miles
3/31- 10 miles
4/1- 13 miles
4/2- 7+ miles
4/3- 6 miles
4/4- 10 miles (5 @ Tempo) Tempo miles ranged from 5:36-5:20 range
4/5- 18+ miles

Total: 70 miles


Next week I'm probably going to take it down between 45-50 miles. Suppose to be in the 40's this week too. I hope that is true!

2 comments:

Sam said...

Awesome clip. It's my first Boston, and I can honestly say I could ALMOST (key word there) feel myself get choked up watching it. Nerves and excitement all together.

Not sure that we'll meet when there, but I'll be checking your blog to see how you did. I would be willing to bet good money, you'll break 2:40.

Chic Runner said...

My favorite line, "It was a taper week but I still got in 70 miles." You never cease to amaze